This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part:Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, , diving with underwater scooters, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
- Get credit! Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
Start the Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is part of PADI eLearning®. The Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online gets you started right now with the background information you need for the seven of the most popular Adventure Dives (though you and your instructor can still choose any of the Adventure Dives.) Start Now!
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you pick, you may also try out underwater photography equipment , DPVs (underwater scooters), a dive lighta dry suit, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.Check with your local dive shop about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find most everything at the scuba diving shop.
The Learning Materials You Need
PADI’s Adventures in Diving Manual and DVD provide information on more than 16 types of specialty diving.You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.Curious about night diving? Flip to the night diving chapter. Once you’ve previewed the skills, your instructor will guide you on your first night diving adventure. Having trouble with underwater navigation? Review the underwater navigation section then sign up for the Navgation Adventure Dive with your PADI Instructor.
Scenic cave dive and fantastic guide/service!
The dive centre is located in a small port at the bottom of Massa Lubrense. The people running the dive centre are very professional and knowledgeable as well as good fun. We did two dives around private islands, including one cave dive that was outstanding. It is suitable for all Padi certifications, we hadn’t dived for a while and they looked after us and well with very good English. Overall a fantastic experience and I recommend to anyone looking to dive around the sorrento area.